Sunday, January 29, 2012

Twisting... with Chubby Checker!

(ABOVE: Justin Wilfon, Deana Silk, and myself "twisting" with Chubby Checker on 2NEWS Midday.)

When I look back some day at the coolest moments of my career, dancing with Chubby Checker will rival anything.

The famous Chubby Checker stopped by KJRH earlier this month as he was in town for a concert.

If you're too young to know who is he is, click here for his 1950s classic, "The Twist." He's one of the biggest names in the history of early rock-n-roll.

Chubby Checker is a delight! You quickly get the feel that he's an old friend. He even knew my name and approached me after watching one of my weathercasts... wow!!

In an interview on "2NEWS Midday", the now 70-something year old legend spoke of his career and the lasting impression that his most famous song, "The Twist" had on America.

"It's a dance that anyone can do, at any age," he told us.

At the end of the interview, "The Twist" played from the loud speaker, and we all joined in dancing. (Had I known my feet would be on TV, I probably wouldn't have worn my usual tennis shoes...)

Thanks Chubby Checker, for being you!

(BELOW: After the interview, Chubby Checker handed me his cell phone! He wanted me to take a pic of he and Deana together.)

No comments:

Post a Comment